Bellow

tales of a girl in the city

mai 07, 2004

Gather Round

OK. As many of you pointed out, you need context in order to offer good advice.

I'm supposed to be doing laundry right now, but I am a Good-Hearted Loves-to-Share-Stories-With-Her-Brilliant-Internet-Friends Blog-Writing Angel (who also happens to hate doing laundry), so I will give you some context.

Last week on...

Saturday: Some stuff went down between us that needed to be talked about.

Sunday: I brought it up. Also wondered aloud whether he might want to "table us" for a few weeks while he dealt with some particularly stressful work things.

Sunday con't: Tabling idea went over reeeeeeeally badly. He said (in a very cold voice) that he'd think about it and get back to me.

Sunday con't more: Tried to think about why tabling idea was so misunderstood. Came up with genius thought that he might be insecure and may have thought that I wanted to table us--which I didn't--I wrote an e-mail that began: "I don't want to table us." This e-mail then went on to explain why I had brought it up. Thought email would surely get some response. Anticipated further discussion.

One More on Sunday and then we'll move on to Monday. Promise.: No email from S. No phone call from S. Nothing.

Monday Morning (told you I'd get there): Left him morning message on answering machine, specifically so he would know that I was still interested in talking with him, and that I still was interested in him.

Monday con't: No email from S. No return phone call from S. Nothing. Until....I received the e-mail that I posted here.

Tuesday: His call. His emails. Our talk.

BUT, before I continue to tell you guys anything else that has happened, I just need some information from all of you. Got that? I require mega reader participation. Of a kind not yet seen on this website. I want feedback. Got that people. FEEDBACK. That comment box better be brimming with the wisdom of people from 'round the globe. Moldava Reader, this means you!

Okay.

DID ANYONE READ THE E-MAIL I POSTED THAT S WROTE AND ACTUALLY THINK THAT HE WASN'T BREAKING UP WITH ME ????

Anyone?

DID ANYONE READ THAT E-MAIL AND THINK WHAT HE ACTUALLY MEANT WHEN HE SAID "I don't think this is going to work for either of us" WAS, IN FACT, "CALL ME. I WANT THIS TO WORK"???

Because that's what he said that e-mail meant.

Yeah. I'm skeptical too.

SO, did my skepticism stop me from going over to his house yesterday afternoon to lie around on his big white summer bed, and talk about our earliest memories? No. Obviously.

BUT, am I taking this muuuuuch slower, and keeping my good head firmly on my shoulders? Totally.

AND, did I just put on make-up in order to go get my afternoon latte from the adorable hot musician-boy who works at the coffee place on the corner? The one who got so nervous yesterday when I came in that he took my money and forgot to give me my coffee?

Abso-fuckin-lutely.