Bellow

tales of a girl in the city

février 04, 2004

100 Things. Re: Moi. Part II: Girlhood

11) My mom used to cut my bangs by putting masking tape across them to make sure they were straight. They were.

12) When I was six and had just started at a new elementary school, I asked the librarian, Mr. Simpson, if I could go to the bathroom. He said, "No." Being, as I was, unfamiliar with sarcasm, I promptly went to the back of the library and wet my pants.

13) Mr. Simpson ended up feeling very badly about this and let me hold his elephant booger (which may have been a real elephant booger, but was more likely a large ball of dried rubber cement).

14) Set up a "veterinary clinic" with my friend, Lori. Our first patient was a (probably already dead) moth that we kept in a small jewelry box.

15) Used to bury things I found at the end of my driveway so that archaeologists could find them and learn about our society.

16) I had a lot of outdoor, barn cats, many of which died outdoor cat deaths (run over). I still have nightmares about sick cats.

17) One of these outdoor cats gave me ringworm.

18) Lied a lot. Might still.

19) I'm not baptized.

20) Actually said, about Mark Hamill when I found out he was married, "All the good men are taken." Age? Seven.