Bellow

tales of a girl in the city

décembre 14, 2004

Flash

Late to work this morning, with two hands already full of suitcases and a purse...so no coffee.

The homeless man on the subway train asked for spare change, and I thought, meanly, "Why should I?" and then felt so guilty that I gave him two dollars. I wonder if this is how they make most of their money?

When I got to the office just in time to hear my favorite song on the Garden State soundtrack, for a brief moment I wanted to do a run-run-LEAP like we used to do in ballet class. I love that song.

My cell rang. I screened (I always screen) and it was the casting director I met a week ago, asking me to come in "business attire" for a commercial audition. I looked down at my jeans and my Ugg boots and wished I had bothered to wash my hair this morning.

I asked my boss what kind of mood he was in. Turns out, he was in a letting-me-leave-the-office-for-two-hours kind of mood.

Anthony at Banana Republic was very helpful for a salesperson who knew as well as I did that I was borrowing the suit, not buying it.

I felt silly walking into the casting agency carrying a Banana Republic bag full of jeans and Ugg boots.

The girl next to me copied my nervous jiggly foot when the casting director asked us to be agitated on camera. I feel that my nervous jiggly foot was more believable than hers. Bitch.

Right now I feel that I probably should've thrown an Ugg boot at her.

My date last night was A+ in the conversation department. My mind was going so fast after I left him that I dreamt in warp speed.

My date last night was D- in the "will have a future" department. He lives in Los Angeles.

I kept thinking of our conversation all day and biting my lip a little at the things I said that were stupid.

Then I'd feel better, remembering the thing he said about how funny I am.

Then I'd feel stupid again because I'd remember that I did a jumping-jack in the middle of Eighth Avenue.

Right now I'm still feeling stupid about it.

A jumping-jack?

God.