Bellow

tales of a girl in the city

octobre 21, 2005

Starting Up

I have begun the day by dancing naked around my house to Billy Idol. Well, scratch that. I really began the day at 6:30 this morning when Mom and Dad called to sing the traditional, "Happy Birthday to you," over the phone. And then I fell back asleep and began the day again when my brother called to sing from his house in Minnesota. And then again, and again when my phone beeped with text messages from a couple of friends.

And then it really was time to get up and start the day, but I didn't. Instead, I stayed in bed for awhile, knowing that it was raining, knowing that I could just be there for a bit, under my covers, looking to my ceiling for answers.

Ceilings suck at answers. Even on your birthday.

But still, I might've stayed in bed all day, keeping the company of my silent room. I've got good books, writing to do that can be done just as well in bed. Short stories to look at for my writing classes. Words, words, words. But I'm tired of words for a little while.

And since sex is out, for the moment at least, I settled on naked dancing.